zaterdag 28 mei 2011

About this blog

So, first post on my new blog! Why a second blog, you wonder? Well, I wanted to have a bit more clarity on what my blogs were for. The other blog was so obviously about two different subjects (the city I live in/work/photography and my toy collection hobby/related writing) that I decided to just split it up for clarity.

So here it is, my toy collection blog! What will this be about, you wonder? Well, first of all, of course, my toy collection. I am really passionate about both vintage and modern toy lines, and I love to talk a bit about them, so I'll be reviewing toys in my collection here (or things I really want but that aren't out yet/ I can't afford/ whatever). Toys that I collect include My Little Pony (all generations really), plush toys of all kinds, Pullips (and related lines like Taeyang and Isul), Moxie girlz and more recently Monster High toys. Of course this doesn't mean I won't look at other toy lines, but these will be the core of my blog.

Second, I will use this blog to write about my story, Royal Destiny. As that story was completely inspired by toys, I figured it'd fit in better here. I will also post here about my picfic The Magic Chronicles which can be read at Pullip Fiction.

I also might be a bit philosophical sometimes and go into the hows and the whys of toy collecting. I do realize some people find it weird that adults collect toys (let alone play with them!) but for me it's a very natural thing to do, and I really would like to explain and discuss this.

Of course my other blog won't cease to exist but it will focus more on photography, music and hopefully in the near future my non-toy related writing.

Well, I'm looking forward to writing more about my collecting and writing!

1 opmerking: