zondag 6 april 2014

Eternal Tartessos

In December I did a course on writing fantasy with famous Dutch fantasy/SF author and artist Tais Teng. It was a lot of fun and we had a really great time doing the course. As a final assignment, we created a fantasy world together in which we all ended up writing stories, including our teacher. The plan was to publish an e-book with our combined stories, but things sort of evolved and now it's becoming an actual book and an e-book!

Eternal Tartessos, or Eeuwig Tartessos in Dutch (both the book and the e-book are Dutch only, sorry) is the story of a city that travels through time to collect information on humanity. Once they have gathered all information, or so the story goes, they will be able to travel far into the future where they can rebuild humanity, as it is apparently wiped out sometime after 2500. The city is divided into four area's, all dealing with a certain period of human history.

The book contains 19 stories written by my co-authors Simone and Tais Teng and me. I'm so excited about this project! Not only are my stories published (!) next to those of a famous author (!), I'm actually really proud of all the work we've done. The cover looks amazing, the stories are diverse and the world is such a great setting.

I took it upon myself to design the e-book and the book (the inside of the book, that is. All credit for the cover goes to Tais Teng), which is something I really love to do and which is something I have some experience with thanks to my job at the DBNL. It was quite a challenge to get everything just right and I'm still working on the e-book. It's so rewarding to see it all come together as a real book, though! I'm expecting the paperbacks in about 2 weeks, and I really can't wait to see and hold them.

I'm also quite nervous about people's opinions! We've been working on it for so long and while we've spent a lot of time on editing, I have no idea if people will actually like it or not. With Royal Destiny, I was so busy writing it for myself that other people liking it was just a plus, and with writing contests, well, I am always looking forward to the comments because I want to learn from them. This book, however, was not just written for me and not for a contest. It just exists on its own, and I really hope you will enjoy reading it. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion! If you've read the book, either as an e-book or as a paperback, do let me know!


Eeuwig Tartessos will be available as a print book and as an e-book at the end of April. Pre-orders for the print book are open!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten